The Lighter You Wear The Easier

My run race number
I was on a run race this week. The event was part of Bohol Olympics Celebration which is happening every year in my place. I ran 10k and my official time was 1:13:13, which I think is not bad at all.

Before the race, I decided to get an arm band where I can put my phone for my music. I used to place it inside my running shorts' pocket, but since I was wearing the without pocket one, I had to buy this arm band. 

During the run, it felt good (as always) to synchronize my pace with the kind of music I am tuning to. However, when I was in my 7k run I felt this heaviness on my left arm where I fastened around this arm band that had affected my pace. I then checked it if I had belted it so tight but it wasn't. Only then I remember from one of my runner friends who once told me that he doesn't even wear wrist watch if he run long distances because the weight of a wrist watch could become heavier due to the energy consumed in the long run. So what I did was, I removed my arm band and just held it in my hand while approaching finishing point. My official time could have been less than an hour if I had not worn it. But it was another accomplishment I made though.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Coffee and Me Copyright © 2011-2012 | Powered by Blogger